Good nutrition can offer enhanced recovery after surgery by minimising surgical stress and assisting with recovery.
- Good nutrition can offer enhanced recovery after surgery by minimising surgical stress and assisting with recovery.
- Making sure that you have good nutrition pre- and post- major surgery can assist to preserve muscle and the resulting loss of strength.
- Pre-operative nutrition builds up adequate energy stores to prepare the body for the stress of surgery.
Post-operative nutrition reduces loss of lean mass and facilitates rapid healing and recovery.
- Whey Protein Isolate is considered one of the highest quality protein sources.
- Milk protein isolate is a high in (at least 90 %) protein supplement made from skim milk that contains a blend of casein and whey proteins.
- Soy is considered one of the highest quality plant sources of protein.
Vitamins, minerals, omega-3 fatty acids and fibre are also important for overall health and recovery.
Nutritional supplements provide nutrition in a concentrated form, that is often more easily digested, absorbed, and a more effective form of nutrient delivery, making them ideal, especially for the hours leading up to surgery.
In hours post-surgery, you can lose your appetite which makes eating solid foods and consuming sufficient protein difficult therefore, a nutritional shake works especially well after surgery.
LIFEGAIN® Benefits as a Pre- and Post-surgery Supplement
- Hirsh KR, Wolfe RR and Ferrando AA. Pre- and Post-Surgical Nutrition for Preservation of Muscle Mass, Strength, and Functionality Following Orthopaedic Surgery. Nutrients 2021, 13, 1675. Available from: https://doi.org/10.3390/nu13051675